Monday, February 22, 2010

Come on and have your way with me

This is my last week at home before going back on tour. I feel like there's so much left to do and I don't feel like come next Monday I'll be ready. I'm probably just freaking out because this isn't where I thought I would be when we were recording. It's so soon, and I'm still the one booking tour. I thought for sure someone would be doing it for us by now. Oh well, still paying dues. We've been paying them as this band for four years now and it looks like we'll continue to do so. It will make success so much sweeter.

S spent the whole weekend with me. It was absolutely incredible. I picked her up Friday when she got out of work and it was like a reunion... even though I saw her a week ago. We get so incredibly excited to see each other. The first hug seemed like a couple that had been apart for years. What a weekend. We spent time with my friends so she could get to know them. She met my mom, who likes her a lot. She told me that she's confident in us and sees this going the distance. Of course this makes me a happy guy.

This week involves lots of working my butt off to try and set myself up for financial success when I come home from tour. I don't want to be freaking out because I have no money to pay my bills. I want to come home and be able to relax. I'm definitely seeing success. I'm very pleased with life overall right now. There are absolutely some things I'd love to change, and I'm sure life will throw some road blocks at me... but I'm walking with a little spring in my step right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment