Monday, February 8, 2010

I give up, I let you win

Today I decided to archive my previous entries and start fresh. I feel like this is a new me. I haven't felt so excited about life in a while. I've kept this blog going longer than any one I've ever kept before, so I want to continue writing here, but I want to move forward. The past entries are a great insight into my life over the past however long, but now I want to start a new chapter. This is it.

I spent more time with her yesterday. All day in fact. We had planned it since before we started "talking", but it was better than imagined. It's an hour drive to her house, but well worth it. We putzed around for a while - ate dinner with her mom and step dad, watched the SU game (GO CUSE!), and talked forever like we always do. She had prepared a surprise for me, so we hit the road. She surprised me by taking me to the newly opened FIVE GUYS! Oh man, any guy will tell you that's the key to his heart. I absolutely love Five Guys and her bringing me there was such an amazing idea. While we were there, some poor guy fainted and smashed his head on the ground. They took him away in an ambulance. She was so scared, which was kind of cute. I could tell she was really shook up.

After Five Guys, she took me to her favorite spot that I could tell was beautiful when the sky is clear. It's a spot overlooking a bunch of towns and at night, with clear skies, the lights on the houses and buildings meet with the stars. It was definitely beautiful, but she was more beautiful to me. We talked about more intensely personal things. We shared more with eachother than most new couples do so soon, but we feel comfortable.

Leaving was awful, again. I hate walking out that door. But the real world calls and today I'm back to work. I'm grateful to work for myself so I have the opportunity to stay with her late and sleep in a little before hitting the phone.

Today I've already gotten more done than I thought I would by the end of the day. I have a ton to do all week, but most of what I could do today is done. There are some things up in the air with the band, but that's usual. Tour starts March 1st and I couldn't be more excited. We haven't been on the road since summer. It's my favorite thing in the world. We're not sure how long we'll be gone just yet, but I'm hoping we can lock onto some other tours once this one is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment