Saturday, February 6, 2010

I don't want to forget come daylight

I was already in the area, so I had to see you. We had just been given the okay to consider something more than friends. I asked you for your work address so I could pick you up at midnight, when you got out. You didn't know it, but gave me directions from your house and then had to go back to work. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get to your house. I found your best friend's phone number on Facebook and she happily gave me directions to your house. I got lost a little, but it was worth the drive.

I wanted to surprise you with a cute little gift, so I went to the flower section of a grocery store. We'd never really discussed your favorite flower, so I went with a classic: a single red rose. It might be a little cliche, but I hoped you would find it romantic. I grabbed some candy since I figured we would be a little hyper and checked out.

My heart was beating out of my chest when I pulled into the parking lot that's across the street from your work. I was nervous that it wouldn't be the right one and you'd think I was stupid, but it wasn't and you wouldn't have anyway. When you walked up to my car, I hugged you and felt so satisfied there holding you. Your friend from work smiled a huge smile and walked to her car. You got in and your adorable face lit up when you saw the rose that was waiting for you on my dashboard. I reveled in your happiness the whole drive home. You told me over and over how cute I am and I loved every time.

When we got to your house, you went in and cleaned your room fanatically while I watched and poked fun. You told me to stop because you just didn't know what else to do. We sat there, laid there, stood there... talking about ourselves and the big things and the little things. I asked you the most important questions in the world - your favorite color, your favorite flower, and your favorite candy. I now know those things and will always know them. If I'm lucky, I'll find you a red M&M with the design of a rose on it. So many times I couldn't take my eyes off of you and I wondered if you were creeped out by it. A few moments after I wondered that, you told me that you missed half of a story I told because you were just looking at me. I felt instantly better.

Slowly but surely we found ourselves coming closer together. You tickled me and I pretended to hate it, but I just loved being around you. I gave you a back rub that you seemed to love. We found our way into eachothers' arms over and over again. I kissed you on the head and the forehead. You buried your head under a pillow and told me you hated me. I called you out for lying to me. I joined you under the pillow and we just laid there for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only a minute or two. Then I kissed you. It was the perfect culmination to the beautiful dance we'd been dancing all night. I saw stars. We kissed over and over again and I have never been so happy just being in one place with one person.

Eventually, our night had to come to an end if I was going to make it home in one piece. Leaving you was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. As soon as I got out the door, I regretted it. I knocked, you opened it, and I kissed you one last time before I drove home. We texted back and forth the whole way home, and right up until bedtime. You fell asleep before I did, but I slept like a baby.

It was a perfect night with a perfect girl. I'm smiling all day.

2 comments:

  1. Timmy, this is so awesome to see you happy. If any guy in the world deserves it, its you.

    ReplyDelete