Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy happy joy joy

I'm very pleased with everything right now. Before S and I started "talking", we had planned to go to my show together on Valentine's Day. I had an acoustic show at one of my favorite places to play, so I knew it would be a good time. Obviously, S and I started "talking" and we decided to make further plans along with my show. I decided that I wanted to do something sweet for her at the show without being too lame. We had discussed many times how she wished I would cover "Paperweight" by Joshua Radin... so I spent the time and learned it for her. It was a little thing, but I knew it would mean a lot to her.

Fast forward to yesterday. She and her mom arrived shortly after I did (I know, her mom came! How cute!). We chatted for a while and watched the other performers. After a few minutes, she gave me a card and told me to open it, but before I could, she said to wait until later. Once it was time to go on, I played through my set, and when I got to her song, she was so happy. I could tell she was fighting off tears. It was incredibly cute. After I got off stage, she gave me a huge hug and told me to open my card. The card ended with her asking me to be hers. Absolutely adorable. Of course I said I would. This was a huge step for her. She had never been the one to ask a guy out, and had never gotten into a relationship with someone before getting her dad's approval of him. I was ecstatic.

Later on, I met her dad, stepmom, and sister. We had an incredible time. They loved me and I loved them. We talked about how her dad builds acoustic guitars (amazing) and they follow the Dave Ramsey plan (THE TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER!) just like I do! We stayed for quite a while just talking. Eventually it started to get late, so we made the hour drive to my house and spent the rest of the night cuddling and smooching and watching How I Met Your Mother. I'm happy to report that after watching for five minutes she became hooked and watched many more episodes.

It was an amazing day and an incredible night. Waking up next to her was the perfect way to start off the day. I look forward to many more mornings spent with her in my arms. I feel like I'm a kid again with my first girlfriend. She excites me and keeps me on my toes. She's incredible. We've talked about the future but of course haven't made plans. She's not afraid to tell me what she wants and isn't afraid to give me what I want. She's strong and confident, but not arrogant. She doesn't know quite how amazing she is, but I plan on helping her see.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! New girlfriend! So cute. And. Love acoustic. Love Josh Radin. I like this girl already ;)

    ReplyDelete