Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"I love you"s run into eachother

Sarah and I (that's her name, by the way... Sarah) are moving so quickly. I'm crazy for her and she's crazy for me. Normally I'm the biggest freak about people taking things slow and waiting, but being this sure is foreign to me. We've fallen headfirst into something neither of us expected to find and neither of us has any desire to slow down.

I picked her up Saturday night after our last home area show. It was a super late night and she kept telling me to wait until Sunday morning, but I had to see her. Nothing could have stopped me. I gathered up the very last bit of energy I could find and drove to her house. The night was wonderful, as all of them are. We didn't stay awake very long once we got back to my house. I adore waking up to her beautiful face next to mine.

Sunday was a day of running around and making sure everything was ready for tour. She got to meet my dad and stepmom who absolutely love her. I couldn't have asked for a better reception from them. We watched some random television and discussed (in great detail) movies she'd never seen. She sat through it like a champion. Afterward, we went back to my mom's house and had dinner with her. She gets along with my mom so well. It's one of the things we're so excited about - we love eachother's families. On a drive out to pick up some last minute things from Wal Mart, she started to get quiet. She was looking up at the stars a lot and I caught her staring at me a few times. I knew she had something on her mind. We had many things to talk about and giggle about Sunday night, and stayed up as late as possible to milk every last second together. She cried a little about me leaving, but did an amazing job of assuring me that she is confident she can make it through. I've never felt this solid that a girl means what she says.

Monday morning rolled around and we both woke up moving slowly. We knew we'd be saying goodbye for a month and neither of us was ready to do so. As I finished packing the last of my things and she sat by watching and dreading my departure, I knew I had finally found a good reason to come home. We laid there cuddling eachother for a minute and in our usual joking fashion, she held her arms apart and said "I hate you this much!" To which I replied, holding my arms apart, "I love you this much!" It was a big deal for me. She looked at me, almost in disbelief, kissed me, and told me she loved me too. It was a little bit of a relief hearing her say it back. It's always scary to put that huge statement out there... not knowing if you'd get it in return. But I got it back, and I know she meant it.

She's been handling tour very well. I know it's difficult and she's been lonely, but I'm grateful to have her staying strong. I miss her every single day. I know that in less than four weeks, I'll be coming home to her. We have a week in Florida planned as soon as I get back and I can't wait to spend all that time with her.

In band news, I'm in Cleveland, OH right now. Tour has been interesting so far. The first show was at one of the coolest clubs I've ever played. It was three stories, two bars, and monitors everywhere so you could see the band. Not a huge amount of people, but we sold plenty of merch and it got us to Cleveland. When we got out of the venue, we realized that our trailer was messed up. We drove to Cleveland and went through two days of pure hell with it. Finally, after the most stressful tour start ever, we got it fixed up for significantly less than we thought. I'm definitely feeling better about everything. Our show tonight was solid. We packed the Hot Topic pretty full and sold more merch. We spent the night making pasta and watching tv. Tomorrow we're off to another stop in Ohio before making the trip down south. I can't wait to see our friends in Tallahassee.

Time for phone date night with the girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment