Monday, March 8, 2010

I wanna do what bunnies do with you

I miss Sarah quite a bit right now. I'm sitting in a bar in Myrtle Beach waiting to play a show for a bunch of drunk people who don't really care that I'm going to play. They'd much rather listen to a Godsmack cover band or something. That's okay. Paying dues still. It makes the end goal so much sweeter if we meet it. Paying dues is definitely something we're used to and almost comfortable with.

Tonight after the show we're taking the 8 or so hour drive to Tallahassee, FL. I was hoping to see my friend from www.unorthodoxhome.com but I don't think we're going anywhere near her. Bummer! I'm so excited for Tallahassee. We have so many awesome friends down there. Our merch guy, Gary, and I are getting How I Met Your Mother tattoos while we're down there. I'm getting the yellow umbrella with a pineapple. So stoked! I'll probably actually party this time. We've been at a bar for the last two days but I really haven't felt like partying.

I've noticed that I don't notice girls anymore. I mean I notice them as other people in a room, but since I've been with Sarah, other girls are invisible. I don't see them as attractive or unattractive. I'm so absolutely infatuated (in a good way) with Sarah that I don't even care about anyone else. This is usually how I know if I'm in something legit. If I'm in a relationship and I look at other girls, it means it's not gonna work out. Sarah is still handling me being gone so incredibly well. We have phone dates when we can, but she doesn't freak if we don't get to. We text when she's not working. She makes sure she's not bothering me at shows (she never is) and I make sure I'm not interrupting her friend time. It's the most perfect situation I've ever had while on tour. I'm pretty crazy in love with her.

I wonder if you guys are getting sick of reading about this. Haha. I don't have much on my mind other than this band and Sarah. I'd really like to find a new book to read while on tour, but I'm very particular about what I read. I only like business/personal development books. I read all of my blogs (Dating Is My Hobby, Unorthodox Home, Snippets and Rambles, This Is Not A Heart, and I Will Teach You To Be Rich), but in terms of offline reading, I don't have much. I just found out that Ramit Sethi is giving a speech at SXSW, which we're playing, but it's a few days before we get there. Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment